Many kids experience their first GOALS expedition in 4th or 5th grade, then return throughout middle and high school - even college. Therefore, the GOALS curriculum and the structure of our programs build connections that are most appropriate and powerful for specific age groups.
Although some recurring themes resonate though every GOALS expedition, we adjust activities and itineraries to connect our youngest explorers to their peers, our middle schoolers to the planet, and our high school/young adult participants to themselves.
3-4 days - creating connections to peers through:
- Working in TEAMS to learn new outdoor skill sets and overcome challenges.
- Unplugged PLAY that promotes problem solving, creativity, and leadership.
- CAMARADERIE developed through shared time presenting the authentic self.
MIDDLE SCHOOL EXPEDITIONS.
4-6 days - creating connections to the planet through:
- Hands-on EDUCATIONAL LESSONS examining the history, science, and current issues affecting the canyon.
- Creating awareness of the impact we can all make through CONSERVATION to protect and preserve the wild places that remain.
HIGH SCHOOL / COLLEGE EXPEDITIONS.
5-12 days - creating connections to the self through:
- Creating AWARENESS of personal strengths - and using them to overcome challenges.
- SETTING GOALS and creating a plan to achieve them.
- Building SELF-CONFIDENCE by recognizing vulnerability and achieving success in novel activities with a high level of perceived risk.
ADULT / SPECIALTY EXPEDITIONS.
GOALS offers a limited number of specialty expeditions for adult groups. Objectives for these programs are tailored to meet the desired outcomes of the groups we partner with. Please contact GOALS to learn more.