THE MAIN SALMON RIVER - IDAHO
The Main Salmon River is a place of wonder. Here, you'll float through countless miles of protected wilderness that has only been altered by the forces of nature. The combination of clear water flowing past huge sand beaches that back to old-growth ponderosa pines under blue Idaho skies that play home to countless osprey and eagles makes this place more than a little magical. Of course, we can't describe the Main Salmon without mentioning fun rapids characterized by roller-coaster waves, river-side hot springs, and stunning alpine scenery that changes the "River of No Return" into a place you want to re-visit time and time again.
Main Salmon Itinerary INCLUDES:
- R/T airfare from Denver, CO to Boise, ID
- Scenic flight from Boise to Salmon, Idaho.
- Campsite in Salmon, Idaho the night before our launch.
- Ground transportation from Salmon to our put-in at Corn Creek (2-3 hrs).
- 81 miles of rafting, inflatable kayaking, and SUPing through the breath-taking Salmon River canyon – the second deepest gorge in North America.
- Opportunities to go back in time while exploring old homesteads.
- Soaking in hot springs, swimming in the warm, clear, green waters or playing on the enormous sandy beaches.
- Watching for wildlife - the Main Salmon is home to a wide array of animals in its' waters, on its' bank, and in the skies above.
- Camping or lodging in McCall the night after our expedition.
- Scenic ground transportation back to McCall or Boise, Idaho at the conclusion of your trip.
AVAILABLE DATES IN 2017:
JULY 8 - 13. 6 days. $2,270.
Current Availability: 0 people.
FULL PERMIT OCCUPIED BY STUDENTSFROM ISAAC NEWTON MIDDLE SCHOOL
CONTACT GOALS if you are
interested in a 2017 launch date.